- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound New York steak, grilled or broiled medium-rare
- ¼ pound baby greens, washed and patted dry
- 3 ripe but firm nectarines, seeded and sliced into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil leaves
- ¼ red onion, sliced paper thin
- ? - <
Combine all the dressing ingredients, mix well, and set aside.
Slice the cooked steak against the grain into slices about 2 ½ inches long and ½ inch thick.
In a salad bowl, toss the baby greens, nectarines (reserve a lew wedges for garnish), basil, onion, and steak with the dressing. To serve, neatly place a mound of salad in the middle of a plate and garnish with nectarine wedges.